CEDIA membership is a company membership, and each employee is considered a CEDIA member and may take advantage of member benefits. Membership is renewed annually in February, with the second year prorated based on the month you joined. Members must meet the membership requirements and abide by the CEDIA Code of Ethics.
CEDIA offers six different membership categories:
- Home Technology Professional: For companies engaged substantially in the design and/or installation of electronic systems. Must have proof of insurance and comply with all applicable state, county and/or municipal licensing requirements.
- Manufacturer: Manufacturer products for the residential custom installation market. Dues are based on annual revenue in the channel.
- Industry-Related Professional: For trade magazines or other media, schools, associations, architects, builders, building designers, interior designers or other trades working in the home.
- Professional Services: For any company that provides consulting services to the custom electronic design industry, but does not engage in selling products for resale or installation in the home.
- Distributor: Distributor of products for the residential custom installation market. Dues are based on annual revenue in the channel.
- Manufacturer Representative: Also known as independent sales representatives or sales agent is a sales agency or company that sells a manufacturer's products.