CEDIA Asia Pacific Awards 2016 Rules, Policies & Procedures
The CEDIA Asia Pacific Awards program
was created to showcase the outstanding work of CEDIA members. Below is a general listing of rules and policies pertaining to the competition.
Questions? Call 800.669.5329/317.328.4336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. General Rules
- Any entry that fails to follow competition rules will be disqualified from the competition.
Incomplete entries will have no opportunity for re-submission.
- If you need to withdraw an entry, please contact CEDIA at 800.669.5329 or email@example.com.
There will be no refunds for entries not submitted.
Any physical materials mailed to CEDIA Headquarters become the property of CEDIA and will not be returned.
By submitting an entry, you agree to receive any and all emails from CEDIA regarding the CEDIA Awards.
All submissions must be completed online; entries via mail or email will not be accepted.
There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit per category.
To maintain anonymity, all identifying references are to be removed from any drawings, support documentation, and photos prior to submission.
2. Competition Dates and Entry Fees
Competition Opens: 4 January, 2016
Deadline: 2 May, 2016, 8 p.m. EST
Home Technology Professional Members: $90 USD per entry This fee does not include a ticket to the Awards Celebration at the 2016 Integrate Show.
3. Categories by Member Type Home Technology Professional
- Home Theater
- Media Room
- Integrated Home
- Innovative Solution
- Marine an Aircraft
- Special Project
- Media Room Under $25,000
- Integrated Home Under $25,000
Subcategories (winner must be a finalist/winner in another category)
- Best Dressed System
- Best Documentation
4. Entrant Eligibility
- All entrants must be a CEDIA home technology professional member in good standing.
- Entrant may not be a member on the current CEDIA Board of Directors.
5. Entrant Release
By submitting a CEDIA Awards entry, the entrant ("Entrant") grants to the Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association ("CEDIA"), a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, in any manner and in any medium CEDIA determines in its sole discretion provided that such use is consistent with CEDIA's purposes as a trade association, all photographs, depictions, and writings submitted by Entrant, and Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold CEDIA harmless from any and all claims, demands and damages that arise out of or relate to any claims brought by any person or entity to title to or on account of infringement or other use or misuse of such photographs and writings, such damages to include, without limitation, actual, statutory, compensatory, consequential, exemplary and punitive damages and attorneys' fees.
6. Award Use
Recipients of awards presented by the Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association “CEDIA” are allowed to display the awards that they have won from CEDIA. All display or advertisement of such awards must be truthful and may not be misleading, inaccurate or ambiguous. Specifically, but without limitation, the recipients and member companies who employ individual recipients, must abide by the following rules.
- Any company which displays or advertises a CEDIA award must correctly identify the recipient of the award, and if the recipient is an individual employee of the company, the company must state so.
- If the award recipient is an individual, a company may display the award only so long as that individual is employed by the company, unless the individual grants express permission for the company to display the award after termination of the employee’s employment.
- All awards must be displayed or advertised with the correct name of the award.
- The entity that displays the award must state conspicuously: the year in which the award was won, or that the recipient is a “past recipient” of the award.
- Any display or advertisement of the CEDIA award may not include any statement or implication of CEDIA’s approval or sponsorship of the entity displaying the award or any other entity, other than the fact that the award was presented by CEDIA to the recipient.
- No company may display CEDIA’s logo in connection with displaying or advertising the award unless that company is a member of CEDIA, or unless the CEDIA logo is incorporated into the award as presented by CEDIA.
- No entity may alter the appearance of the award itself or any reproduction of the award for display purposes.
- No award may be duplicated or copied except by photographic means and then only for inclusion in advertising the award.
- The Homeowner must agree for the project to be submitted prior to entry and sign a Homeowner Property Release Form.
- The Photographer must give the rights to use submitted project photos, and sign a Photography Consent of Use Form.
8. Project Eligibility
- For the categories of Home Theater, Media Room, Integrated Home, Innovative Solution, Marine and Aircraft, Special Project, Media Room under $25,000, Integrated Home under $25,000, and Showroom the completion date of the project must fall between May 2015 and May 2016. Projects entered in these categories are required to have been completed for paying clients.
- All entries submitted in Home Theater, Media Room, Integrated Home, Innovative Solution, Marine and Aircraft, Special Project, Media Room under $25,000, and Integrated Home under $25,000 are automatically eligible for the sub-categories of Best Dressed System and Best Documentation.
- For the sub-categories of Best Dressed System and Best Documentation, the winner must also be a finalist or winner in one of the following categories: Home Theater, Media Room, Integrated Home, Innovative Solution, Marine and Aircraft, Media Room under $25,000, or Integrated Home under $25,000.
- For the category of Showroom, projects may be entered more than one year, but can only be selected as a winner once.
9. Photo/Video Requirements and Restrictions
Awards Requirements for All Photos/Videos
- Do not use insets in any photos.
- Basic photo editing for attributes such as color balance, brightness, cropping, etc., is acceptable.
- Inserting a stock photo into the display screen is acceptable.
- Photo editing to remove or obscure information that could identify the client or entrant is required.
- Manipulating or altering images in a way that has the potential to mislead judges about the nature of the project is unacceptable and may result in disqualification.
Copyrighted Material Notice:
- Required photos must be professionally shot (exception: back equipment shot).
- Required photos must be a minimum of 8” x 10” at 300 dpi or higher resolution (i.e., a minimum of 2400px x 3000px).
- Required videos cannot be larger than 1000MB.
- To avoid recognition of the entrant and/or client, no people should appear in the photos.
- For the categories of Home Theater, Media Room, Integrated Home, Innovative Solution, Marine and Aircraft, Special Project, Media Room under $25,000, and Integrated Home under $25,000, company names/logos and client names must be removed from all photos/videos (using editing software if needed).
- Required photos/videos must be uploaded during the entry process.
- Accepted photo file formats: .jpg.
- Accepted video file formats: .avi, .mov, .mp4.
It may be tempting to add a little “movie magic” to your submission by placing a still image from a movie or television show on the display screens shown in your submitted photos. However, CEDIA advises against placing images on display screens that may contain copyrighted material, including movie/TV stills. If CEDIA believes your images may contain copyrights material, we reserve the right to decline to display your images and/or edit the images to remove/obscure the material in question. However, CEDIA assumes no obligation to police submissions for improper content. If you wish to enhance the display screens shown in your photos, we recommend using royalty-free stock images from a reputable stock photo provider.
10. Judging Judging Panels
- Home Theater, Media Room, Integrated Home, Innovative Solution, Marine and Aircraft, Special Project, Media Room under $25,000, Integrated Home under $25,000, and Showroom, will be reviewed by the a panel of volunteer judges, which come from a wide range of disciplines within the home technology industry. The panel will first determine up to three finalists for each category based on technical criteria. One winner in each category will then be determined by the judges.
- For the sub-categories of Best Dressed System and Best Documentation, judges will review entries from all other categories and determine if there is any entry that meets the requirements for an awards to be given. Awards may not be given every year.
- Judges reserve the right to decline to issue a particular award if none of the eligible entries merit recognition. All judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners for all categories will be announced at the 2016 Integrate Show.